As a company online, Facebook should be one of your primary channels for speaking to not only your customers but trying to generate interest from potential customers as well. This is where Facebook marketing services is important. It allows you to not only market to those who are already interested in your product, but also allows you to market to the unknowing masses. There are over 1 billion people on Facebook. That is a huge market to tap into and using the proper methods will allow you to do so. Here are some Facebook marketing services tips to increase your online presence.
1. Where are you placing ads?
The traditional model for placing ads on Facebook is to place them on the right hand side of the page. This is an easily ignored space though as most Facebook users have learned to “tune out” that space. More importantly, Facebook now allows companies to place ads in multiple places on a page.
The goal then is to use these different places in order to better engage your customers. Ads that are placed directly into a person’s news feed are much more engaging than ads placed in columns. A variation in ad placement, along with content that engages and catches your audience’s eye will provide you with the best conversion rates.
2. Different Ad Formats
There are many different ad formats to choose from to engage Facebook users, here are the ways they can affect your conversion rates.
- Photo Page ads: These are best used in the news feed. The right images can grab users’ attention. These kinds of ads tend to be short, but bold in messaging with a shortened URL placed with it.
- Link Page ads: Nothing simpler than a link. Best used when imagery isn’t needed for the message you’re trying to get across.
- Sponsored Stories: These are one of the best ways to engage readers on Facebook. This is because the ad is coming straight from their friend’s activity with a page, app, or event. This is great advertising because it allows the average Facebook user to do the advertising for you.
- Mobile App Installation ads: Basically, an ad designed to encourage users to install or download an app. Great for mobile companies whose number one concern is to increase app use.
- Offers: This is a great way to help your content go viral. When a user claims an offer, the promotion is shared on their wall, allowing their friends to see it. This can increase your customer base quickly if the promotion is worthwhile for consumers.
3. Use the Right Targeting Tool
Before creating ads for Facebook, you have to make sure you’re targeting the right customer base. This is a very important part of any Facebook marketing services and picking the right targeting tools for this process is needed to help grow your business.
- Custom Targeting: Great for prospecting or remarketing as you can use the information you know about your customers offline such as their contact info or mailing info.
- Native Targeting: Another useful method for prospecting, this method uses common attributes like what a user’s interests are to find users who might be interested in your business.
- Facebook Exchange: This allows you to find those users who have already shown an interest in your brand through other online outlets and websites. This works best for remarketing.
4. Optimizing your Facebook Marketing Services
With Facebook there are two basic rates of bidding, cost-per-click (CPC) and cost-per-impression (CPM). These are all well and good for basic purposes but Facebook has their own optimized CPM option that allows you to target users to get them to take a specific action. Using a variety of ad placement and different types of ads will work best for your marketing efforts. Try mixing product images and messages for users’ news feed and promoting special offers and special prices using link ads.
When it comes to Facebook Marketing Services, there is always room for trial and error that will allow you to find out what works and what doesn’t. Every marketing campaign is different and you need to figure out what your target audience is for each one.