Your company is running a successful SEO campaign, but you know that it needs something more, something that will help your company stand out against the rest of the search engine results. The answer is Video Search Engine Optimization (VSEO). VSEO can create a connection with your community that traditional SEO campaigns are usually missing. Here are some VSEO tips to help you out:
- Relevance is Key: As long as the video is relevant to the content that surrounds it, then it will appear higher in search results. This applies to looking for the video in a specific video search or a Google web search.
- Keywords Need to be Focused: Track the target keywords that you’re using in your campaign using Google’s AdWords Tool to see what your audience is typing in to find your product/service. For VSEO the more specific and focused your keywords are for your video the better.
- Create Useful Content: The content within the video needs to be tailored towards your audience, so a little research into what your audience likes will be an important part of your VSEO campaign. From there, remember that the length of the video doesn’t matter to the search engine, but it might matter to your audience so get a feel for what length of video gets more views. Relevant text in the video can also help boost the video for search engine results.
- Avoid Over Posting: Your first initial thought with your videos is going to be to get it on every single video-hosting site you can. This will hurt you VSEO more than it will help you. As customers do searches, multiple copies of your video will show up in search results. Video search engines don’t want duplicate returns in their results so make sure to post your videos to only a few video-hosting sites that you feel is best for you.
- Irrelevant Content is Bad: With a more focused keyword based campaign, the more focused your videos must be. Videos with information that aren’t relevant to what your customer is looking for won’t be watched for long and will be abandoned in search for something that they do want. Keep your customer’s attention with relevant content that they want to see.
- Expand your Possibilities: Video ads don’t have to fit within a structured time frame like ads for television. You can make them as long or as short as you want them to be and can include multiple forms of marketing in them. This can include client testimonials, video profiles, product demonstrations, etc. Gauge your audience and see how much of the video they watch to discover what’s keeping their interest and what isn’t.
VSEO is still a fairly new tactic to use when it comes to the world of SEO, but it’s a very effective and strong tactic to use. By following these tips, you’ll be able to improve your VSEO and reach the customers you want with video.