Liz Pratt is the Marketing Communications Manager for SearchPro Systems.
When you’ve worked hard to create the most engaging, remarkable video SEO content, it may take a bit of time before you get to the first page of Google’s Universal Search page. That’s because VSEO grows organically over time, developing authority and ranking as the search indexes are refreshed. If you’re just too excited to hold back, load your VSEO content onto the Google Local listing directly. It’s fast and easy, and the five simple steps are below.
How to Submit VSEO Content to Google Local
1. Open your video on YouTube. The video should be posted on multiple video sharing sites, but YouTube is by far the most popular. Copy the URL to the video from your video page.
2. Find your Google Local listing. One easy way to find it is to go to Google Maps first and then search the name of the business.
3. Edit your business listing. If you haven’t already “claimed” your business listing so that you can make changes to it, it is simple and only takes a minute to follow Google’s directions. Once you are able to access and change the information, click on the “Edit Your Business Listing” link. Then, once you’ve successfully reached the edit screed, click the “Videos” tab.
4. Add the VSEO content to the listing. Paste the video URL your copied previously from YouTube into the box and click “Add Video.” And you’re done! The video will now show up when people find your business listing in Google Local.
5. Share the news. Email your fan base, Tweet it, and post it on Facebook. You should already have been working to make all of these networks aware of your video, but posting it to Google Local is another great reason to talk about it.
SearchPro Systems is a leading New England based national digital marketing firm offering complete end-to-end Universal Search marketing solutions, specializing in video SEO.