Twitter is one of the largest growing social channels online with an increase of 6 million users in 2008 to 100 million users in 2011 and today, over 550 million worldwide use the 140 character social platform. Now, more than ever, Twitter is a leader in information sharing and internet marketing. As marketing companies look to improve their SEO, they look to Twitter to create a unique community to reach out with news about their company. The real question remains though, how can you properly use Twitter for SEO?
There are many ways to use Twitter for SEO, but it all boils down to one thing, how do you create the perfect tweet to maximize your SEO? Here are a few tips to help you out.
1. Stay Current: When you tweet about current events or trending topics, your tweets are more likely to get notices and shared amongst your followers. An active Twitter feed is great for SEO, so the more current you are, the better.
2. Use Links: If you include links to substantial content in your tweets, your followers will be more likely to click on it. This is a great way to build backlinks to your website which in turn will boost your SEO and help generate more traffic for you.
3. 130 or less: The power of Twitter allows users to retweet what others say. This can be great for your company as an easy way to share information quickly to the masses. Retweeting has a drawback though of extending the post every time it’s retweeted. Help your users out by keeping your posts at 130 characters or less to make retweeting a little bit easier.
4. Include Reliable Sources: Tweets that show your followers that you use more than your own information all the time is a good thing. By mentioning reliable sources or well-established brands, you lend credibility to your tweets and give your followers a boost in confidence in your tweets.
5. Good Grammar: No one wants to retweet a tweet filled with spelling and grammar errors. The tweets that get retweeted more often are those with proper punctuation and good grammar. Let your users know that you have a grasp of the basics and construct tweets that are easy to understand and simple to read.
With these Twitter tips you should be able to construct the perfect tweets in order to give a boost to your company SEO and create more traffic for your website.