Creating a marketing campaign for the internet can be a tough challenge for any company. Opposed to a typical campaign, an online campaign has many different aspects to it including where you land on search rankings, social media, and video marketing. Not many companies realize that a YouTube channel is an important aspect of any online marketing strategy. Video search engine optimization or VSEO, is what helps you land on the first page of YouTube’s search results. Here are some tips and tricks to help you achieve that and improve your VSEO:
- Community Engagement: By encouraging your viewers to “like” and “favorite” your video, it will increase the video’s ranking in search results.
- Publish: By publishing videos on a set regular schedule, you’ll improve your ranking and keep your viewers happy.
- More: The more content you have, the more viewers you’ll get. The more viewers you get, the better rankings you’ll get.
- Keywords: Keywords play an important role in all aspects of VSEO. You’ll be using keywords in many different areas of your video.
- Titles: Keywords belong in video titles along with your company brand. But it shouldn’t be a title full of those things. Titles need to be interesting and creative and be able to capture the eye of your viewers.
- Tags: Another place where keywords are prevalent. Tags allow you to attach search terms to your video that users could look for. Your most important keywords should be tagged first and then replicate the video title and add some other relevant keyword tags as well.
- Descriptions: These need to be filled with compelling information that should include keywords, links to subscribe, links to your channel page, and links to your company page. Just like titles though, they can’t just be keywords, they have to be creative and interesting.
- Connections: One thing that YouTube’s search algorithm favors for VSEO is linking and driving traffic to other videos, playlists, channels or subscriptions. This can be done by using YouTube’s annotations feature.
- Playlists: By having your videos placed in a playlist, this will help increase your search engine rankings.
- More Customer Engagement: Ask for responses to your videos at the end of every video. The more video responses you have to your videos, the better your VSEO will be, and the higher your search ranking.
- Even More Customer Engagement: It’s important for you to react and respond to comments to your video within the first few hours to day of it being posted. These people are your core audience and the ones who should garner more attention from you. More comments means your page is active and people are going there, so this will also increase your VSEO and search rankings.