Social media marketing is a momentum thing. Too many companies start out with the proverbial bang but then fade fast before coming into the first turn. Everything about your social media marketing strategy must be geared toward engagement and constant momentum.
- You must be posting constantly; at least once a day at minimum to all of your sites. Twitter and Facebook, of course, will require a more concerted effort to post far more frequently that once a day.
- Content is everything with social media marketing. It must be new and posted often. The more your sites are updated, the more the search engines will love you. That is, perhaps, the key factor in raising your search engine profile. In addition, video and pictures are an absolute must have in your social media marketing toolbox. Both have become major players at every social media site and if you are not integrating them, you need to start.
- Study your audience. Know your potential customer base and play to them. Provide them with the content they want to see from you. Also, study the social media marketing platforms themselves. What are their demographics? When are their sites being most used? Discover that, tailor your content, and then post at the optimum times and you will begin to see results.
- Your social media marketing is extremely effective when you bring the potential customers right into your company. Sure, you want them to know about the company and the products and services, but a peek behind the curtain endears you to them. They will see you as real people who care about them. It will boost your brand image as well as your traffic.
- Follow others and begin conversations. Have tons of links leading to other related information. Your social media marketing needs to engage not just the users but those who might also provide you with a link or two. Great for the user, great for your optimization, great for your traffic.
- Have direct calls to action and try to establish a base with your local business and consumer community. The more they know about you, the better able they will be to spread the word. Also, infographics are hugely popular across all channels and across all demographics. Use them. They have nearly as much impact as video.
Your social media marketing strategy must be about engagement but it must also be about momentum. You must dedicate the time to make it effective. If you don’t have the time, you must establish a team or find that professional social media marketing firm that will have a team already put together for you.