Every small business owner and entrepreneur is always on the prowl for an inexpensive, yet effective, way to reach more potential business. One of the most efficient, both in cost and results, is a well planned and executed email marketing campaign.
- Today, it’s all about the relationship. Keeping customers and gaining new ones is all about connecting and engaging. Getting a handle on social media can get tricky and is time consuming and many other forms of marketing and advertising can really strain a small business budget. Email marketing costs almost nothing and if done correctly can reap huge returns for you.
- First, you need to know your customers and you need to know how to effectively interact with them. Separate your current clients from those new ones you are trying to reach. The content and tone will be different for each of these demographics. You are keeping your established customers in the loop with information and discounts. Your potential clients are being introduced to you with special offers and reasons why you can solve their problems.
- Provide quality content that will bring value to their lives. Product and service promotion is all well and good but it needs to be done indirectly and in a subtle manner. Hard sells are immediately trashed and you will likely begin to lose customers.
- Recent research from a major email company states that for every $1 invested in an email campaign, you can expect an ROI of around $40. Not bad. Email marketing can cover many of your marketing and promotional bases from establishing brand awareness to generating some serious word of mouth.
- Your emails should be short and to the point. Make sure they know exactly who it is from, what the deal is, and make certain they can contact you easily and immediately. Also, make sure your site is optimized for responsive design. You can’t leave out the mobile users.
- Make it personal and make it engaging. Make them want to know more. Make sure your call to action is simple and direct with easy access to pulling the trigger and heading off to your site. Give them a reason to come and they will. People only have so much time so make your email marketing short, direct, and with an offer no one would dare refuse.
-Written by Kevin Sawyer