When it comes to search engines online, the obvious names come up: Google, the king of all search engines, Bing, Yahoo, MSN, etc. But what about a site like YouTube? Is that a site that should be considered as part of the search engine club?
The answer is a resounding yes. YouTube is not your daddy’s video hosting site anymore. It’s a site that boasts more than 100,000 viewers and 2.5 billion searches on a daily basis. As you can imagine, that’s a pretty high percentage of search traffic for one site. That’s where VSEO (video search engine optimization) comes into play for your company, or at least it should.
YouTube is a massive opportunity for companies to spread their marketing to the masses. With VSEO, you’re able to increase the viewership of your videos, boost traffic to your website, and get increased exposure online. Videos are one of the strongest ways for you to promote your business and products, and YouTube is the place to do it.
Any VSEO for YouTube needs to be based on good SEO which is to create quality content for your target audience. Your videos are what your viewers are looking for, can make them visit your site for more information and see what you have to offer. Following are a few simple tips to allow you to use VSEO to use YouTube for your internet marketing advantage.
- Video Content: The basis for any good video is that it has to be of a good quality. What this means is that you need to use good equipment to make videos of high visual and audio quality. If your videos are bad quality, then you will more than likely turn viewers away and lose potential customers.
- Informational: Your videos need to contain information that your viewers will find useful. If your videos are irrelevant to what your company is then you’ll end up wasting your time creating the videos and wasting the time of your potential customers.
- Be Practical With VSEO: The search algorithms of YouTube can be your friend when manipulated correctly. Use your keywords in your title, description and tags to generate the traffic you want towards your videos. Encourage viewers to rate and comment on your videos to help boost those videos to the top of the results.
- Build your Brand: Include your URL in the watermark and the metadata of the video (this also should go in your description towards the top). Use your company logo as your channel thumbnail and use your logos anywhere where you think it will boost your company’s image.
- Create Catchy Videos: Your videos need to be short, but also capture the attention of your audience. Most of your target audience isn’t going to want to sit through a long video if it’s uninteresting. Keep your audience’s attention by sending your message across that will keep their eyes glued to the screen. Three to five minutes is usually your best bet.
- Video Quality for All: Hi-def is the new and shiniest way to show videos, but it won’t work on everyone’s computer. For streaming purposes, it’s better to stick with the YouTube defaults which are 320×240 with an aspect ratio of 4:3 (standard TV). It’s not a bad thing to use Hi-Def, in fact, that’s how you should shoot your video if you can. But you need to include lower quality options as well when uploading your video. Lower resolution videos load faster than higher resolution and you want your customers with any speed of internet connection to be able to watch your video. This will be a boost to your VSEO as content that loads quicker will get a slight bump in rankings.
- Encourage Feedback: You want your customers to comment and rate your videos, this will allow you to get into their heads and see what they think about your videos and what they want in future videos. This will improve not only your VSEO, but any future video content you make.
Remember, using VSEO and YouTube is a great way for you to build your brand, generate more traffic for your website and gain more customers. With higher rankings in YouTube, your videos will show up in normal Google searches as well, so good VSEO on YouTube is the best thing for your company.