Small businesses today can take immediate social media marketing advantage of Twitter and get those 140 characters working away like 140 of Santa’s most industrious elves. Many of the top brands out there are successfully leveraging the twittersphere to build their brands, drive traffic, and increase conversions.
- Establishing you and your company is foremost so you need to insure that you have an engaging profile. Make sure everyone knows who you are and what you do or sell. Don’t forget a link to your site. Drive them there so that they become familiar with you and your brand.
- Twitter is very conversational and friendly in nature. Make sure you are regularly touching base with the movers and shakers in you regional area as part of your overall social media marketing strategy. Get them talking about you and your brand. In addition, tweet on a firm and regular schedule. Stay active and get your employees and loved involved also. Get them to tweet about the company and its offerings on a regular basis also. This will greatly extend your marketing reach at no cost to your budget.
- Pay attention to what the current trends are and pay attention to hashtags. This will enable you to stay on top of what is current. In addition, figure out a way in which you can insert yourself and your brand into certain trending topics. Also, track when you or your brand are mentioned and tweet a nice response if the situation calls for one.
- As with your other social media outlets, coupons and deals are huge in social media land. Set up some manner of contest of special promotion exclusively for your followers on Twitter. It will help you build you base of rabid fans and drive them to your site. Understand how to take advantage of promoted tweets, also and integrate this into your social media marketing strategy.
- Integration is everything in the social media marketing jungle. Everything must link and be integrated with everything else. Your social media sites are not separate. They must blend and work together to be the most effective.
- Use the tools you need to measure the effectiveness of your Twitter campaigns. Try and get a handle on your ROI and use Twitter analytics to help determine what is, and what is not, working for you. Don’t leave your social media marketing strategy to chance.