Many B2B companies don’t take full enough advantage of social media to advance their business. Though much of the focus and thought leadership seems to be bogged down with the B2C companies, social media is most assuredly a place where the B2B companies can excel. Social Media Today recently published some stats that will allow your B2B company to, not only thrive, but to dominate.
- User generated content and video continues to be the most trusted way to attract clients. Nine out of ten consumers stated that they trusted user generated content more than they trust traditional advertising.
- For B2B companies, recruiting major influeners continues to be an investment rather than a cost. According to the research, content acquired and published from major influencers can account for an 11 percent higher return on investment than traditional marketing.
- Discounts and giveaways continue to be as effective for B2B companies as they are for the B2C’s. In fact, over 70 percent of consumers questioned said that discounts were the major reason they joined a loyalty program and over 60 percent say that they will will sign up for things such as an email list in exchange for free products or services.
- Well over 80 percent of potential B2B clients are highly active on social media so take immediate advantage of this. Trends and trending topics are heavily followed so try and align and create content that reflects those trends so as to draw significant audiences and traffic.
- Finally, it is videos, videos, videos. If you are not creating a significant amount of video content then you are already way behind. Creating and posting videos generates more than 1200 more shares than text and images combined.
-Written by Kevin Sawyer