It is no secret that video can be the most effective part of any successful online marketing strategy. If you haven’t already incorporated video into your long term vision, you may quite far behind you rivals and competitors. In a benchmark research report published by Vidyard, the stark reality of video marketing comes in to immediate focus. The following is taken directly from that benchmark report.
- Where both video and text are available on
the same page, 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service and 79% say a brand video has convinced them to buy a piece of software or app, according to research from Wyzowl. Video is also the format of choice for millennials: When researching a new B2B product or service, 29% say they prefer video-based content over other formats, reports Merit. And almost one-fifth (19%) of B2B buyers say that one-to-one video is their media of choice when solving business problems, reports Sales Hacker.
- On average, 52% of viewers watch a video all the way through, regardless of the video’s length.Over two-thirds (68%) of viewers watch a video to the end if it’s less than 60 seconds, but only 25% will finish a video if it’s more than 20 minutes.
- This year, more small and medium companies moved towards using a mix of internal and external resources for video production than the previous year. Now 52% are using both.
- The majority of video views still take place on desktop (87%), but mobile views are growing. This year, 13% of business video views happened on mobile, a small increase from the previous year’s 11%.
- Mid-week is the most popular time for business video views, with Thursday seeing the most views overall. Views peak in the morning, regardless of the day of the week, typically between 9 and 11 a.m. PST (12 to 2 p.m. EST).
- The most common types of videos are webinars, demos, and social media videos. Websites, social media, and landing pages are three of the most popular places to embed video content.
-Written by Kevin Sawyer