The king of online shopping, the Ecommerce site, can provide you with endless pages of leads and multiple opportunities for SEO across your entire site. There’s more to an Ecommerce site than just product listings though. That’s right, the content listed under all your products is as key a part to your site as the products you list there.
The importance of content can’t be debated, whether it’s for your site, your social media marketing, video marketing or any other marketing. You’d be surprised about the amount of leads you can generate due to SEO friendly content that is written for your customers. Following are some tips to help out with your content for your Ecommerce site.
- Create a Blog: By having a blog, you have a place to create unique content that is specialized for your products. You can talk up certain products, push promotions, or describe how some of your products work in your blog. This is a great way to boost SEO for your website as you’ll have a central place where you have content.
- Create your Own Descriptions: Be a little creative when posting descriptions about your products. Don’t just use the manufacturer’s descriptions, that will put you in the same place as your competitors. Differentiate yourself from the crowd and use those unique descriptions to boost your SEO and generate traffic for your site.
- Easy Navigation: Keep everything on your site as simple as possible for customers to get around. If your site is too complicated, you will lose customers to your competitors. Try to minimize the amount of pages you have. An easy way to do this is if a particular product has multiple options and features, instead of using separate pages, keep it simple and utilize drop down menus to showcase the differences. This will give your site a cleaner look and make it simpler to use.
- Titles for SEO: Make sure every page has clear titles, title descriptions, and title tags that tell what’s on that page so it’s easier for customers to find. This will also help out your SEO. Make sure not to overstuff those titles with keywords though, use one or two primary keywords in the descriptions and tags.
- Encourage Customer Response: Invite your customers to leave reviews behind as they purchase and use products. This will help you out by letting other customers know what others think about the products, and they’ll put more trust in the products if the reviews aren’t coming straight from you.
By following these simple tips, you can strengthen your SEO for your Ecommerce site and put yourself ahead of your competitors.