In your never ending quest to drive traffic and boost conversions, the most important tool in your SEO toolbox is your content. While the “content is king” mantra has been around for some time, your website content, your blog, has now become the focal point around which all of your future SEO success depends.
- Google’s algorithm dance will continue and you need to keep up as other search engines are beginning to mirror Google’s current standards and developing their own adaptations. Your content is your voice of authority and that is what the search engines, especially Google, are looking for it to be.
- Keywords have become less important in your overall content strategy as algorithm shifts have mandated that search results will be more based on how people actually think and search. Rather than simple words, search results, and your SEO strategies, are now going to try and interpret the “intent” of the searcher. Long tail phrases and the authoritative air of your content will be dictating future results.
- It is all about demonstrating that your business is the authority with regard to what you do. Not only does the quality of your content matter but the frequency with which you publish also matters. Combine this with a growing importance on visual content and you will have your work cut out for you with regard to future SEO strategies that are going to be effective for you.
- Your content needs to be engaging and informative as well as needing to be pertinent to your reader’s lives. You must really know who your customers are and what they are looking for and then delivering value to them.
- You, also, need to become more heavily engaged with the marketing of your content across platforms. Getting your written and visual content out to other authoritative sites, as well as your social media channels, not only establishes you as an authority but is a great help to your SEO efforts as you try and establish back links from respectable sites. Some of the search engines, such as Bing, search the social media platforms to see what matter of content ends up where and how that content is being received. It is, then, evaluated, and incorporated into their search results.
- Everything changes and, in the SEO jungle, things can change in an instant. You need to stay on top of your content and to produce the best, the most entertaining and the most authoritative content that you possibly can. If you can’t do it, find someone who can do it for you. If you don’t, you will begin to lose ground to your competitors until you are no longer even a relevant player.