As normal channels of communication become not so normal, businesses are looking for some guaranteed ways to stay in touch with their customer base. While many will tend to think that their social media platforms just may be the best way to reach out, recent research done by Adobe points to email and website updates as the most efficient way to stay in touch and recruit. Adobe surveyed one thousand consumers and this is what they found which has been taken directly from their findings:
- They found that 29% of customers have been seeking updates from their favorite companies’ websites, and 21% have been looking for info via email newsletters.
- Social media came in third. About 19% look for updates there. Elsewhere, 17% look for updates in the news. And 7% get updates from direct mail and another 7% look for mobile updates.
- 70% of customers say a store’s website is the first place they go if they’re looking for specific information. And just 33% say they interacted with businesses on social media during the pandemic.
- Brian Nemhauser, Senior Director of Product Management at Adobe Spark, told Small Business Trends, “Customers will always want on-demand information that allows them to passively find what they are looking for when they want it. But wise companies will complement that with a consistent drumbeat of social communications to maximize reach.”
- In addition, he stated, “So much has changed for consumers since COVID-19 began that each business must effectively communicate the basics (e.g., are you open? how are you keeping visiting customers safe, etc.). Standout businesses will go a step further by authentically sharing their personal stories and what customer patronage means to them. Authenticity and humanity always win. And a little levity can be a bonus.”
– Written by Kevin Sawyer