Video has evolved into one of the most powerful marketing tools that any business, regardless of size, must employ to stay competitive these days. Video is versatile and can readily engage and move the viewer from being a passive observer to and engaged buyer. When stepping beyond the bounds of your company website, it can sometimes be a bit tricky with regard to where you should spend your money and your time. YouTube has seemed a credible alternative for some time despite its latest purging and over reactions.
But, what about Facebook? Has the continuously controversial social media giant come to a point where you may not want to bother anymore? According to some latest research by Hubspot, Facebook video engagement continues to rise, especially over the past year and a half. Below are a few of the findings taken directly from the research that may cause you to re-evaluate your Facebook strategy:
- There are 8 billion daily video views on the platform.
- Users spend three times longer watching live videos than standard uploaded content.
- 84% of marketers promote videos on Facebook.
- Facebook Live is now used by 35% of video marketers.
- Sponsored video content views has risen 26o percent in the last two and a half years.
- Organic engagement is at its highest when containing video productions.
- There are five million advertisers who are active on the platform every month.
- Facebook has over eight billion views every day.
- More than five hundred million people view video content every day at the platform.
-Written by Kevin Sawyer