Much is constantly made about integrating video into your overall online marketing strategy. But, is it being made too much of? Keeping your SEO and your social media strong and current should be enough. Shouldn’t it? In some surprising research gathered together by Oberlo, it seems that video will continue to be an important weapon in your marketing strategy. The following is take directly from that recently published research:
- More and more video content is being watched now than ever before. 85% of all internet users in the United States watched online video content monthly on any of their devices (Statista). 25-34 year olds watched the most online videos, with adult males spending 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females.
- The preference for video content is not just limited to entertainment purposes. Video extends to brands. Studies show that 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support (HubSpot).
- Users are seeing videos increasingly on every platform. Whether it’s on blogs, Instagram videos or simply YouTube, they are expecting more video content. Videos are a consumers’ favorite type of content to see from a brand on social media (Animoto). Based on the State of Social Video Marketer Trends report, 73%of consumers claim that they have been influenced by a brand’s social media presence when making a purchasing decision.
- It all comes down to the return on investment ( ROI). If we look at the numbers, 88%of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media (Animoto). The same report shows us that 80% of marketers also claim to be satisfied by the ROI of video ads that they have posted to social media.
- According to Optinmonster, video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year (Optinmonster). Optinmonster also concluded that video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness . Additionally, 93% of marketers say they’ve landed a new customer thanks to a video on social media.
- A survey conducted by Wyzowl shows that nearly eight out of every ten users have purchased a piece of software or app after having watched the brand’s video (Wyzowl).And the power of video marketing is actually felt throughout the entire buyer’s journey – the same study shows that most people (96 percent of them, to be exact) turn to videos to learn more about a particular product and/or service.
- It’s estimated that by 2022, 82 percentof the global internet traffic will come from video streaming and downloads (Cisco). That’s an 88 percent increase in traffic share from the 72.3 percent in 2017. The same study by Cisco shows that traffic from live internet videos will grow 15-fold in the five-year period from 2017 to 2022 and account for 17 percent of the total internet video traffic share by 2022.
-Written by Kevin Sawyer