As small businesses and entrepreneurs head into a new year of expectation, now just may be the time to evaluate the successes, and failures, of your current marketing strategies. Knowing what is working for you, and what is not, can give you a distinct advantage over your rivals. But, what is working? What new success strategies are being employed? In an effort to find out where successful marketing strategies are headed, Hubspot has released some new research data that just might be eye opening for many. The following is taken directly from their recently published research about where your marketing strategies should be heading:
- When we asked global marketing professionals which trends they planned to invest in for 2022, 34% said influencer marketing, putting it at the top of the list — above other trends like mobile web design and short-form video marketing. While 57% of marketing professionals that currently leverage influencer marketing say it’s effective, 46% of them plan to increase their investments in 2022. Additionally,11% say it’s the top ROI-generating trend they’ve tested.
- Can’t afford to hire a celebrity influencer with millions of followers? That’s okay. In fact, more than 56% of marketers who invest in influencer marketing work with micro-influencers. Because micro-influencers are still considered “everyday” people (unlike hard-to-reach celebrities), their audiences are actually more likely to trust their opinions and recommendations.
- In our survey, we learned that short-form content is the second most effective trend marketers are currently leveraging. More than 31% of global marketers currently invest in short-form video content, 46% of them consider the strategy effective when it comes to performance and engagement. And, in 2022, 89% of global marketers plan to continue investing in it or increase their investment. While long-form videos can offer depth and large amounts of information about a product, brand, or services to audiences, both B2C and B2B marketers have learned that getting to the point with short-form videos can actually be much more effective.
- Consumers are spending more and more time on mobile devices. In fact, more than half of annual online website traffic comes from mobile devices, including tablets. 33% of global marketers invest in mobile web design, 84% of marketers that focus on mobile web design are planning to continue to invest the same amount or more in 2022 64% of SEO marketers call mobile optimization an effective investment.
- While ephemeral content — which often stays published for 24-hours before disappearing (unless it’s saved or archived) — isn’t going away any time soon, brands have seen that permanent social media content — such as standard posts, videos, and live events that show up on a platform’s feed and can be viewed again days later — might be more effective within their marketing campaigns. Our survey results show that 44% of global marketers plan to increase their investment in permanent social media content, while 8% say it generates the most ROI compared to other marketing strategies they leverage.
- Our survey found that 59% of survey participants use video in their content marketing strategy, while 76% of marketers that leverage video call it their most effective content format. Not to mention, one in four marketers who use video (or 27%) say it’s the content type that yields the biggest ROI.
-Written by Kevin Sawyer